The Algarve Centre of Marine Sciences opens a position for a Post-doctoral research fellowship (BPD) within the scope of the European Union H2020 programme, RIA-Research and Innovation Action supported project MINOUW “Science, Technology and Society initiative to Minimize, Unwanted catches in European Fisheries”.
Tasks to perform: The candidate will be expected to develop an ecological (Ecopath with Ecosim) model for the Algarve marine area (south Portugal), allowing the study of the impact of alteration of technical measures applied to the management of commercial fish and crustacean stocks. The successful candidate may also be involved in other modelling tasks.
Work Place: The candidate will be placed at the premises of Portuguese Institute for the Ocean and the Atmosphere (IPMA), in Algés, about 15 km from Lisbon.
1. The successful candidate must hold a PhD degree in biology, mathematics, statistics or related field, whose core specialty is marine ecosystem modelling, preferentially within the context of commercial fisheries;
2. The candidate should have a strong record of working and publishing in this research field;
3. The command of the English language (spoken, understood, written) is essential, therefore, it should be in advanced level.
1. 25% Academic background
2. 50% Professional experience (in the requested area)
3. 25% Publication record (in the requested area)
1. Experience in programming languages, including the statistical language R.
2. Experience in geographic information systems.
Application Period: 8th of February to 8th of March 2016.
Please see also: http://www.ccmar.ualg.pt/index.php?id=2486