BirdLife International is offering a 6 months paid position – starting day: as soon as possible after 1 March 2016.
Description of tasks to be undertaken by the intern
The selected intern will work in the EU policy team, giving support especially to the EU Marine and Fisheries Policy Officer. Further, the position will entail supporting work on a range of policy issues e.g.: nature and biodiversity, climate and energy, agriculture, etc.
The intern’s responsibilities will include
- Organise meetings, circulate agenda’s and note taking;
- Attend meetings of the policy officers with actors in the EU institutions, specifically in the European Parliament and related to EU fisheries and marine policies;
- Carry out research and prepare draft reports;
- Assist work with partners where needed;
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and other materials, etc.
Profile of Trainee
- At least a relevant Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of EU environmental policy, especially EU fisheries and marine policies
- High levels of flexibility, dedication and sense of responsibility
- Well organized and sense to detail
- Good team work skills, ability to work independently and take initiative
- Well-developed social skills
- Ability to work in an International environment
- Very good written and spoken English. Other EU languages will be an asset
- Perfect command of Microsoft Office package and main web-based applications
Applications to be sent by the end of the day 18th February 2016
Please see also: http://www.birdlife.org/job/policy-intern-based-brussels?utm_source=BirdLife+International+Job+Opportunities&utm_campaign=76203fdbc0-Job_notification&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1930a3f859-76203fdbc0-133005865