The Department of River Ecology and Conservation at the Senckenberg Nature Research Society in Gelnhausen, Germany, is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher in Freshwater Ecology for 2 years with a possible extension by another 2 years being subject to personal performance.
- Conduct research on various aspects of global change and their impacts on riverine ecosystems within the framework of different projects of the department
- Data analysis, preparation of manuscripts and reports
- Involvement in national and international projects (EUBON, eLTER, etc.)
- Mentoring graduate students
- PhD in Ecology or a related field
Solid background in freshwater (macro-) ecology and zoology (preferably benthic invertebrates)
Advanced skills in the analysis of large ecological datasets (we have access to large (long-term) datasets of benthic invertebrate monitoring in Germany and Europe)
- Strong track record of international publications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The contract should start around November 2015.
Application deadline: September, 8th 2015