The Statistics and Information Service (FIPS) and the Fisheries and Aquaculture Department (FI) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in Rome, Italy, are looking for a Fisheries System Developer.
- design, develop and maintain the IT architecture of the FIGIS IT platform and its related information systems;
- provide “DevOps” support, service desk, software documentation, information systems ownership and monitoring for efficient operation of FI Information Systems and related web services;
- provide software development environment and project management support, in line with PRINCE2 project management principles and Agile software development practices;
- ensure FIGIS developments (hands-on programming) as necessary, coordinate software developments on the whole FIGIS IS stack (database, application, presentation and GIS tiers) and provide software management (version control, release and configuration management);
- maintain and develop software on the FIGIS key business areas (Overall Search, Reference data, FishStat, Fact sheets, web-GIS) and supervise the development of additional features, as required and permitted by available funding;
- contribute to software development partnership projects and open source initiatives (such as TechCDR, iMarine, SEIF, OpenSDMX and Code lists manager), including primary management responsibility, technical supervision, community outreach and extension;
- provide technical leadership and advice on many horizontal and cross-cutting activities, opportunities and issues (software standards, integration and architectural aspects) related to the departmental information systems and their alignment/ integration with a corporate technical architecture, in close collaboration with the Information System Officers for FI.
Application deadline: 17th June 2014
For more information, please see also: http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/VA/pdf/IRC2516e.pdf