Queen´s Univeristy Belfast (QUB), Nothern Ireland, is looking a reserach fellow to develop and apply coupled ecological and hydrodynamic models (and similar related models) to address key research questions within the remit of an EPSRC funded project and the research objectives or the Marine Energy Research group at QUB.
1. Design and implement simulation models to test key research hypotheses.
2. Analyse and critically evaluate model results.
3. Document and report the model development, application and outcomes to the group and to project partners.
4. In collaboration with the project team, prepare manuscripts for publication in international peer-reviewed journals.
5. Travel and present results at international conferences and project meetings.
6. Read and critically assess the academic literature and keep abreast of developments in the field of ecological and hydrodynamic
modelling and within related disciplines.
7. Contribute to the research ethos of the group and support to robust scientific enquiry and debate beyond of the core project
- A PhD or close to completion of a PhD, in marine ecology, marine biology or coupled physical-biological modelling or a related discipline.
- At least three years recent relevant research experience.
- A track record of strong report writing or publication skills commensurate with stage in career.
- Proven ability in at least one of MATLAB, R or Python.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Sufficient breadth and depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline and of research methods and techniques to work within established research programmes.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly.
- Ability to build contacts and participate in internal and external networks.
- Demonstrable intellectual ability.
- Ability to assess and organise resources.
Application deadline: 2nd June 2014
Please see also: https://knock.qub.ac.uk/itrent_web_rec_docs/job_desc/14_103239.pdf