The Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB) in Berlin, Germany, invites applications for a Postdoc Position. The position is available from May 2014 and to two years.
Project area: “Host-parasite interactions in aquatic systems”.
The Postdoc will join the research group of Justyna Wolinska. The group is currently located at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Germany), but will move to Berlin in March 2014. The candidate is given the opportunity to develop their own research project. Depending on the interests / expertise of the Postdoc candidate, he / she might, for example, work in one of the following disciplines:
- molecular signatures of host-parasite coevolution in the wild
- genomics of host-parasite coevolution
- host-parasite coevolution and global environmental change (including field, experimental, and/or theoretical approaches).
So far the group has been exploring Daphnia-microparasites, but suggestions for other model host-parasite systems are welcome.
- The ideal candidate should have a PhD in evolutionary biology, ecology, molecular biology, bioinformatics or a related field.
- Ideally, he / she should have worked on host-parasite interactions, but this is not a must.
- We are seeking a highly motivated person who has an ambition to stay in academia. A record of successful publication is expected.
- We expect strong analytical and data handling skills and the ability to communicate within a cross-disciplinary research centre. Excellent writing skills in English, good work ethic, and creative thinking are desired.
The selection of the postdoctoral candidate will be based on his or her academic record and proposed research project.
Please see also: http://www.igb-berlin.de/stellenangebote-details/items/370.html
Application deadline: 15.02.2014