Fisheries and Oceans Canada, and the Northeastern Division, the Atlantic International Chapter and the Canadian Aquatic Resources Section of the American Fisheries Society, cordially invite you to attend the 144th Annual Meeting that will be held in Québec City, Canada, from 17 to 21 August 2014.
Presentations should foster the meeting´s theme “From Fisheries Research to Management: Think and Act Locally and Globally” and consider topics such as:
- Growing evidence for meaningful local adaptation despite the lack of neutral genetic differentiation;
- Incorporating metapopulation concepts into regional assessment and management actions;
- Research on and management of transboundary stocks;
- Shifting source-sink dynamics in metapopulations under climate change, and their implications for conservation;
- Research on the Precautionary Approach, including science, management, and socioeconomic aspects;
- Eel and salmon biology, ecology and management;
- And any other topic relevant to the theme.
Abstracts for contributed papers and poster papers must be received by 14 February 2014.
Prelimary liste of symposia:
- Inland fish and fisheries in Canada – past, present and future
- International Eel Symposium 2014: Are eels climbing back up the slippery slope?
- Plan Saint-Laurent-Special session
- Larval Fish Conference
- The future of fisheries: Perspectives for emerging professionnals
Other symposium proposals must be submitted by 10 January 2014. Symposium abstracts are due by 14 March 2014.
Please see also: http://afs2014.org/